Thursday, July 23

Sometimes All you Need is a Good Waxin' and Some Marvin Gaye


After a long and stressful week, which really spanned over a week and a half, I decided to treat myself to some goodies at Trim, a waxing joint where my good friend Kat acts as a functioning receptionist. But I couldn’t go ahead with my lash tinting (a $20 affair as opposed to a $24 bottle of mascara) without clearing my conscious of the homework I had due soon ahead. And so I decided it would be best to distribute my Zine by requesting to place one on the table in the waiting area to which Kat forcefully replied with: “TWO”. And so two out of my remaining copies landed themselves amidst a sea of Vogues, Comsos, and Vanity Fairs. After having said lashes tinted, and feeling utterly and shallowly beautiful, I proceeded to give my a copy to a lady paying for her Trim procedure of choice after deciding that the conversation prior (holding the topic of anal bleaching) warranted me enough to give her a book with a page devoted to a poem about Breasts. After leaving Trim while unlocking my bike I locked eyes with a young fellow walking the street and forced another copy upon him. My final copy was precious, and so I felt it must lay in the hands of someone worthy and fitting, and so I decided that the one location fitting enough for my bizarre and hapless (moreso hopeless) Zine would be none other than the volunteer movie store known as Odd Obsession (I HIGHLY recommend checking it out on Milwaukee Ave..). There, I trapped the young man running the computer of the joint and handed him my Zine. A day of success and glories, no doubt after a fail of a Zine, and here are the pictures to prove it:




No comments: