Monday, August 3

Move-in, Move-out; Dance-on, DANCE-OFF!

This weekend was crammed with things to do and people to see. Friday, my Parents came to town to help me move into my new place on Saturday and Sunday and then that night I was able to run off to the Printer's Ball at Columbia College with Miss Mattie. There, we arrived a little to late to catch any sober fools, but we did catch all the drunken dancers! Not only did we essentially vaccuum up all the free-be mags, but we also approached the dance floor for some extremely entertaining photo-ops and some great people watching. Here are photographs from our darling little adventure:

Chicago apparently does not have its own recycling program.. But we do the best we can without it!

The Candy Shop!


Chicago and Bikes go hand-in-hand, why NOT put it on a bag?

I am regarding Plaid as a color of its own from now on..


JAM ON.



After two days of Parental time and moving, I am finally able to post images of my archival book. I have yet to figure out how to distribute it (I know that the one that doesn't seem too wonky will make it's way to the Joan Flasch Book Collection if possible). This is probably my favorite endeavor from class, but mostly thanks to the craftsmanship I put in to the cover on the book. It's a red and green, hardcover book that measures about 3"x 4" and opens up to reveal a water color tree followed by pencil drawings of the cross sections of said tree. I like to think of the work as "visual poetry" because it sings the same sort of tune: gentle abstraction. This work has convinced me that a printing press or screen printing lessons would do me some good, but for now, the inside will remain penciled. Here are some images of the book unillustrated (illustrated versions will be updated later):


If the mattress being used as the background I would regard that as the Hand of God, but God probably would have cleaned his mattress more thoroughly before photographing...

No comments: